Monday, April 11, 2011

The race continues

About a year and a half ago I took up running through Fitmom/C and C Fitness in Okotoks. This was a great activity for me. It was quite often the only quiet time in my week. For several reasons, none really worth it in the end I stopped running for about 8 months. A few weeks back Mike and I decided to do the next run club out of C and C together. Read: I forced Mike to come with me initially but now he enjoys it..lol

The first week back was 3 sets of 2 minute run, 1 minute walk. I thought I may die at the end and couldn't not possibly see myself ever accomplishing the 5k goal that was at the time only 9 weeks away. Now abut 4 weeks in we are doing 4kms! On Saturday we did 5 sets of 5 minute runs 1 minute walks. I felt like I was going to die but the distance is significantly further from where we were only a few weeks ago. The 5k Mother's Day run now seems like a goal I am capable of accomplishing and I think with some hard work I may actually do it in a decent time. The best part of the run time is that we do it as a family. Evelyn looks forward to the run in the stroller and Google is exhausted at the end which makes for quiet evenings at home from all. So far we have been running 3 times/week but I think I may throw another couple in just to build my endurance and my speed. I have never been fast but I think I could definitely be faster. My hope is to do the Mother's day race in under 40 minutes and to have hopefully lost a few more pounds in the process.

Cheer me on!

No comments:

Post a Comment