Wednesday, May 11, 2011

10 on Tuesday...things that make me smile

Usually once or twice a week my coworker Julia and I hit up Starbucks for the office. The other while picking up coffees at the Starbucks in Deerfoot Meadows we were informed that the vehicle in front of us has paid for one of our coffees. The drivethru was having a pay it forward day and thus far 27 people had bought coffees for the people behind them. We were asked if we wanted to buy the coffee for the person behind us and of course said yes. We both drove away with a smile. Since then I have wondered just how many coffees were purchased that day. This story has inspired my post for today and is also #1 on the list of 10 this week.

Things that make me smile...

1. When someone I don't know buys me a coffee.

2. When Evelyn says "I love you"

3. Talking to my nephews on the phone. This one is especially touching to my heart because of Peyton's autism for a long time he didn't speak. He now tells me full stories!

4. When Mike calls me "Mrs."

5. A good visit with an old friend

6. Creating. I love the look of a newly finished project, scrapbook page or newly planted garden.

7. Listening to Evelyn sing

8. When Mike is excited about something and he gets this goofy little half smirk. Truth be told that smirk is a huge part of what made me fall for him

9. Curling up on the couch with Mike in the evening with a hot drink and a nice treat

10. The buds on my tree are finally appearing and the birds are chirping in the morning. Hallelujah spring is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment