Monday, October 3, 2011

New Adventures

Proud of this project. I think for a 3 year old Evelyn did a pretty darn good job of placing her popsicle sticks on the lines.


First day picture

We have officially ventured into the world of preschool. The first day I dropped Evelyn off I felt nervous and emotional but very excited. I am certain Evelyn was feeling all the same emotions as she trotted into class wide eyed and thrilled at the beautiful classroom. We had a little nervous moment when Evelyn noticed the hysterical child screaming for her Mommy at the craft table but with a hug and a slight bit of coaxing Evelyn joined in on the fun and seemingly loved the first day. Now, 1 month in, our girl skips into class greeting her teacher and proudly shows off whatever project they did that day when I pick her up.



These days Evelyn seems overwhelmingly busy and I just can't seem to do enough to keep her stimulated. With preschool two mornings a week and dance one morning a week Mike and I thought we had put Evelyn into enough activities to keep her happy and stimulated but it seems we were wrong so November will also bring swim lessons. I have to admit I love the time she is in classes because it means I can sit quietly and enjoy a book or a coffee or even both. It truly feels like a luxury in life to have quiet moments to myself and with Harper on the way in just 14 weeks I am going to savour my quiet moments while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment