Sunday, January 26, 2014

Off and Running

Yesterday marked my first day of training for my first FULL marathon! I am both terrified and excited! I am not sure I can run a whopping 42km's but a year ago I said the same thing about training for my first half marathon and now three of them later I feel like I can and should probably do this.

It is amazing to me the range of emotions I can feel over the course of training for a race. Or even the range of emotions I can feel over a long run. The next six months are going to be quite a journey for me both emotionally and physically. 

The photo below is Evelyn and I just before I ran the Calgary half marathon (my second half marathon). Evelyn ran the kids race that day. I was so very proud of her for working so hard. The kids race is a full marathon that runs over the course of a month. Each day the participant runs so they complete 41km by race day. Then on race day they run the last 1.2km.  This year the Calgary marathon will mark my first full marathon and technically Evelyn's second. 


No comments:

Post a Comment