Thursday, January 30, 2014

Tune My Heart

Tune My Heart is a little business I have started with my childhood friend Becky. We named it for our favorite hymn, funny how we shared the same favorite. Becky and I refinish furniture, make wooden signs and recreate old pieces into new and lovely home decor. We are amazed and shocked and unbelievably excited at how well our little business is doing. We have big dreams for the future! For now, I wanted to show off some of my recent pieces...
By far my most popular piece to date. I listed this sign on a few facebook groups and promptly sold 11! It has been ordered in all sorts of color combos and even been turned horizontal. The customers will all receive their pieces next week. My house will be a disaster zone while I finish them all up so don't expect cleanliness or fresh baked goodies if you come to visit. lol
Made for my sister in law from an old thrift store frame this piece was done in my favorite color combo this Christmas. An apple green, black and a deep red. Finished off with a saying from her favorite Christmas movie 'Home Alone'.

Such a lovely sentiment about love. This piece has been reodered in so many colors! I am excited to deliver to all the customers who ordered it. 

This lovely piece started as an old cedar jewelry box. It was lovingly refinished for a Mother in Law to give to her son's girlfriend. The color requested was turquoise but this piece has so many layers of color peeking through. It was refinished with a local bees wax and feels smooth as silk to the touch. I am so in love with the copper hardware! And inside the box is still it's original cedar so it smell delicious.

Made for my Dad. He has been a Nazarene Pastor for 17 years and every sermon is finished with this saying. I am surprised no one thought to give him a sign with these words sooner but I am grateful that I got to be the one to do it. If I am correct he has this piece hanging in the church.

This piece has a bit of a funny story. As I placed the vinyl it peeled and pulled and looked terrible. It was my worst vinyl nightmare come true (that and when the vinyl folds back into itself...ahhhhh!). I thought this piece would be trashed and I was not impressed, I was so in love with the colors of it. After much pouting I decided to do a tan and copper wash over the letters, let it dry and peeled the letters off. It is amazing how mistakes can still be so beautiful. I love this piece now more than I did in it's original state.

This old cupboard door would have been long in the trash but instead it now serves as a lovely little serving tray. 

Isn't the hardware on this old farmhouse window amazeballs! I did nothing to this hardware except for clean it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment