Friday, January 24, 2014

Trying new things

I love my coffee...or as Mike calls them my "pish posh a lattes". I order my drink with 18 different specifications depending on my mood. I even have been known to make up my own latte at the Starbucks drive thru. I like to order off menu...

In interest of fueling my body better and continuing to lose weight I have decided no more pish posh a lattes for me. I have drastically reduced my sugar intake (amongst other things like dairy and wheat). But I can NOT (read: will not am totally incapable of) giving up my coffee. I love espresso. Despite my best efforts I can not drink it black so I needed to come up with an alternative. I put on my big girl pants, got brave and tried something new. I ordered an Americano Misto. It was delicious! The perfect amount of espresso to milk (or almond milk if the coffee shop has it) to water. It is not terribly strong so I can enjoy it and I get my caffeine which I love so much.

Plus, the little local place by our house makes it look all pretty and if it looks pretty then surely it is delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment