Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happiness


OK, so recently a good friend of mine has been going through some marriage troubles and decided to attend some counseling. One of the things she was challenged to do was to come up with 5 things each night about her day that made her happy. It could be as simple as a good cup of coffee. Seems simple...right? Well, here is the challenge, those five things can NOT include her daughter in any way. So I got to thinking what five things made me happy that day. I tell you, it was hard to do when I couldn't include Evelyn. That child is the smile in my heart. I do have some great items to share however.

1. Starbucks delivered me a coffee to the store! Seriously, how awesome is that! I usually get a coffee on my way into work. They had a long lineup and one of the machines was not working. There was no time to wait :( The staff noticed and brought me a coffee to the store :()
2. Mike did ALL the dishes. There wasn't even his annoying, perpetually there cup sitting by the sink :()
3. My family is coming today!!!! :()
4. God will always provide when you trust him and do good work in his name :()
5. My nummy lasagna is bubbling away in the oven...mmmmm cheese :()

Making a list of 5 happy things each day is unfortunately always easy but I tell you it has made me realize how truly blessed I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment