Friday, October 8, 2010

Fab Fridays!

Books that give back!

I love to read, my husband loves to read and Evelyn from a young age is already showing that love. I remember being in trouble growing up reading by my nightlight at 3 in the morning. Mike's story is not unlike mine. On countless nights we have gone into Evelyn's room before going to bed to find her buried in books sound asleep. Hmmmm, do you think this is genetic?? lol!

Barefoot Books are some of my faves. They have beautiful illustrations and wonderfully unique stories. Barefoot Books has a series that are charitable giving books. These are books that once purchased money is given to charity. Ten Thousand Villages in Calgary (on Crowchild Trail) sells some of these. "We All Went On Safari" is a current fave in our house! What's better than learning to count in Swahili and knowing that proceeds from the book went to the African Wildlife Foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment