Monday, October 4, 2010

Love...sigh


Our babysitter called in sick yesterday which meant we needed somewhere for Evelyn to be today. Mike decided that he needed a Daddy Daughter day so he stayed home with Evelyn. I was a little sad that it was him and not me until I came home and noticed everything Mike had accomplished. I seriously am never sure what I will come home (read: naked child running about and Mike playing a video game has happened in the past) but today was a very pleasant return. The house was clean...very clean! Mike had vacuumed every carpeted surface and did a load of laundry. Evelyn was clean and clothed and supper was on. Mike made whole grain rice, pork chops and peas. I have to admit I also enjoyed the midday phone call from them telling me about what they were doing and the cuters albeit cheesy pics Mike sent me of the two of them playing.

Sometimes I am overwhelmed by how much love I have in my heart for that man. Funny how a little vacuuming can make my heart flutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment