Monday, October 18, 2010

Late Fab Fridays

Well, it was a very busy weekend around here so I have hardly been on the computer. My Fab Friday this week is not so much a product as a person. Joy, from Captures Photography is an incredibly talented photographer and one of the MOST fabulous people I have had the privilege of knowing. This past weekend she did a fundraiser for my husband Mike's mission trip to Haiti and helped us to raise an incredible amount of money.

Joy spent her entire day Saturday taking family photos. She ran thirty minute sessions and charged $100.00/session. Included in that cost the family will get a disc with all the best images on it. Saturday was not a particularly warm day but still everyone showed up happily for their photos and not once did I hear Joy complain about any hint of cold or heavy camera equipment!

One of the many reasons I am claiming Joy as such a fabulous person is that at the end of the day she surprised us and gave us every penny from the day. The original agreement was that Joy would share the profits so we were overwhelmed with gratitude when she gave us all the money from the day. Because of Joy's generosity Mike has nearly paid for his portion of the trip!

I feel so blessed to have someone like Joy in my life :)

I will post more about Mike's trip in the coming days. I realize I haven't written about it on here.

Here is a link to Joy's website. I strongly encourage anyone reading this to book her for your next family photos.

www.captures.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment